Did you know that every year more lawsuits are filed in the United States than in the rest of the world combined? Wills and trusts are frequently challenged, for a number of reasons. Disputes arise over issues such as:
- An outside party trying to “get a piece” of the family estate
- The validity of the will or trust on the grounds that the decedent was not of sound mind or unduly influenced by another
- Who should have been named as executor or trustee
- Whether the executor or trustee properly carried out the mandates of the trust or will
- Whether the executor or trustee improperly distributed estate or trust assets to himself or herself
- And many more
As you can imagine, given the emotional and financial issues involved, disputes such as these can quickly become very ugly. Resentment and animosity between family members may last a lifetime. All parties involved may suffer devastating financial consequences.
At The Legacy Elder Law Center, we help families embroiled in challenges to wills and trusts resolve their conflicts, receive their inheritances as quickly as possible, and move on with their lives. Although we will generally try to mediate these types of disputes, we understand that the emotions involved can make this extremely difficult. We are ready, willing and eminently capable of aggressively litigating disputes involving wills or trusts to protect our clients’ interests.
If you are involved in a dispute over a will or trust, contact our Virginia estate litigation attorneys today to discuss your situation.